1. Ensure the selection knob is placed correctly . To avoid mistake , seal it at the ‘body’ selection by means of cello tape or silicon and for ‘object’ likewise.
2. Restrict using of thermometer in indoor areas only . Outdoor may tamper temperature readings .
3. Allow a resting time of 15 mins before taking the reading if coming from outdoor exposure .
4. Make sure the testing area is not covered by any temperature altering secondary layer such as thermal clothes etc.
5. Maintain the distance between testing area and thermometer within 1 cm to 10 cm.
6. Ensure no interfering layer between testing area and thermometer such as sunscreen etc. To ensure correct reading , wipe the testing area before taking the reading .
7. Continuous exposure of infrared waves is unsafe for eyes. Keep away from eyes .
8. Keep away from children . Avoid unwanted usage